Nowadays, there’s no denying social media has become more popular and more influential than traditional advertising mediums.
Conventional advertising platforms like TV, radio, business networking, newspapers, SMS broadcast, etc. has been rapidly replaced by their social media counterparts like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, podcasts, and blogs, to name a few.
Social media’s wide reach, ease of use, low cost, and speedy implementation has significantly leveled the playing field for all businesses regardless of size.
Taking into account all the amazing benefits social media comes with, a social media course can definitelyhelp businesses take full advantage of all it has to offer.
Without doubt, a social media course offered in highly progressive countries like Singapore, (where business competition is stiff and any resource that can help businesses get ahead) would go a long way.
Below are some of the social media courses being offered in Singapore and what participants stand to gain from them:
Social Media and Online PR
Courses like this can help participants gain greater insight into the impact of social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn on any business and how they can use those channels for their business.
The course will also tackle the impact social media has on PR and marketing communications.
Attendees will be evaluating their current social media approach, online PR, and reputation management.
In most cases, the workshops will make use of several mediums to drive their point across—case studies, role plays, class discussions, presentations, and practice techniques among others.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Better able to align their social media strategies to their overall business objectives.
- Evaluate apt content, tools, techniques, and channels to use for their social media activities.
- Gain better insight into the risks social media can bring about and come up with effective strategies to carry out online reputation management.
- Create a rigorous planning process when going through the stages of the social media cycle.
- Measure the effectiveness and success of the social media activities the brand is engaged in.
Ideal for management staff, business owners, and marketing professionals, the course will also likely cover some of the following:
- The current social media landscape
- Negative and positive case studies
- Local and global social media trends
- The implications of these trends in both marketing and business
- The impact of major social media channels like Twitter, Facebook, and Google+
- Creating an effective social media marketing plan
- Tips and techniques on content writing and marketing
- The process of engaging and responding
- How B2B companies are using social media to work for them
- The difference between in-sourcing and outsourcing
- The current social media policies
- Social media marketing ROI
- Dashboards and tools available
- Crisis and reputation management
- The link between PR and social media
Social Media Marketing
Participants to social media marketing courses are provided with clear understanding of social media and where it originated, how to go about planning and launching social media campaigns, how to make use of the tools and resources available, and how to implement essential social media strategies, among others.
Upon course completions, participants will be able to:
- Use social media to meet the company’s acquisition and brand objectives.
- Incorporate the best social media practices in the marketing campaigns.
- Use analytics to measure effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- Master key techniques for top social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest.
- Gain better understanding of search engine optimization or SEO.
Ideal for brand manager, advertisers, and marketers looking for new ways to generate leads, increase their exposure, and target and engage target clients.
In most cases, the following key elements will be covered:
- The basics of social media
- Best practices
- Mapping out a social media strategy
- Running a social media campaign
- Metrics and ways to measure success
- Maximizing lead generation efforts
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Resource allocations (budget and people)