Today for any company, Enterprise resource planning is certainly one of the vital components. Such software system permits the company to integrate all sorts of unlike contrasting systems into one. Such systems involve inventory system, financial planning and varying other business processes. Usually SAP, Oracle and IBM were the pioneers providing ERP software for years. Now these vendors never revealed their software code and kept it secretly all through, for that reason they were able to charge steep licensing fees and for any help they were contacted primarily. Now this is addressed as closed-source ERP. But today businesses are showing much interest in open source as the source code will be open for all no matter who wants to see it.
What to consider about the vendor
- While assessing the vendor, one of the most vital factors is to understand whether the vendor is suitable for your organization or not, whether the vendor is reliable enough to offer you required maintenance and support service.
- If a bug is found in the system, which needs immediate fixing, will the vendor b providing you help what if the system needs to be optimized and new features are needed to be incorporated. So the Digital Transformation Cloud Erp Singapore vendor should always be there in time of needs.
- Even though maximum closed source software vendors involve maintenance fees automatically but when it comes to open source, these fees are needed to be included additionally. Maintenance is really very much important and so while investing in open source one should ensure maintenance and support as high level of risk may emerge any time.
Varying advantages and disadvantages of open source software are described below:
Rewards and revenues
- As there is no likelihood of maintenance fees and licensing costs so open source systems are something really free to own and make use of. Even if you are thinking about involving maintenance fees, that also won’t be much compare to closed source erp.
- The source code will be customized and modified to meet the business requirements of the organization and so you will come across extensive variety of integration formats.
- Now while comparing with the traditional system your organization won’t be requiring resources to help you with when it comes to implementation.
Now it may seem little bit risky and counterintuitive from business perspective as open source is likely to be open to all.