The missing or corrupted XINPUT1 3.dll dynamic library file, which is a component of the DirectX 9 library, causes the error Xinput1 3.dll is missing while launching an executable exe file on Windows 10. This issue most commonly happens when operating old videogames and other visual applications. This post will teach you how to resolve the “xinput1_3.dll file missing” error on Windows 10 and successfully launch your application.
Please take note! There was a direct link to get the XINPUT1 3.dll file from the Microsoft website. But it no longer works. It is not suggested to download and register the XINPUT1 3.dll file from any third-party sites. You have chances of downloading a virus or trojan-infected file with them as well.
- Get the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and the DirectX 9.0c web installer file should be downloaded. However, the full DirectX 9 offline installer is also available, the file size is approximately 95 Mb
- Run dxwebsetup.exe and install DirectX 9. However, the installation procedure is very simple Accept > Next > Next > Finish.
- Execute your program. If the “dll file missing ” error persists, the application may require a more advanced version of DirectX. Try looking for the DirectX distribution on your game or program’s installation disc (it is normally in the Redist folder) and installing the found version of DirectX.
Microsoft DirectX Files That Are Corrupted
If you already have the most recent DirectX version installed, check to see if any DirectX files on your system are corrupted. However, this can cause the Xinput1 3.dll is missing error. The solution is to uninstall the current DirectX version, then download the installer and reinstall DirectX. To do so do the following:
- Right-click on Start > select Control Panel > select Programs > select Uninstall a Program.
- Locate and choose Microsoft DirectX from the list of programs
- Uninstall DirectX by following the steps in the instructions. Restart your computer, you will now require the most recent version of the DirectX installation. You can get it straight from the Microsoft Download Centre. Once downloaded, double-click the installer to start it.
Try the workarounds in the post and see which one works best for you. Aside from that, update the Windows system with the latest updates, device drivers with the latest updates, delete temporary files, and uninstall undesirable applications regularly to maintain Windows PC performance and resolve other difficulties.